A Dynamic and Innovative Group
Wirquin is a well-established manufacturer of sanitary systems and accessories for bathrooms, toilets and kitchens for over 40 years. Our 55,000 sq/ft UK distribution facility have allowed us to build an enviable reputation supplying the principal brands in the merchant, OEM, retail and international export markets.
Our continued growth is based on product innovation being our highest priority. Developing new and existing products with a continued dedication to the highest standards of quality and customer service is what stands Wirquin apart from the competition and has seen us win many awards for our innovative products. A Research and Development team supports the launch of an ever-increasing number of new products to the industry with many products independently certified to British, European and International Standards. Wirquin Ltd is part of the wider Wirquin Group with a turnover in excess of €130m a year. The Wirquin Group have subsidiaries across the world from China and South Africa to Russia and Romania, all working collaboratively on product design and innovation to drive further success for the Wirquin Group.
If you are a talented and are looking for new challenges, join us!
Product Marketing Assistant – 12 Month Maternity Cover
This role would be ideal for a graduate or someone who has 1-2 years’ experience to gain wider Marketing knowledge and experience.
You will be supporting and assisting the Managing Director to develop the Wirquin Limited product portfolio for the UK market.
The job holder will assist in researching, formulating and implementation of plans to achieve 1 year tactical as well as 3-5 year business plans to help achieve objectives for sales growth, market share etc.
Working closely with the wider team, the job holder will also support with management/coordination of product development initiatives to deliver the go-to-market strategy.
Through analysis of market trends, competitor trends, customer needs etc. the job holder will identify and evaluate market opportunities to drive long term growth and development programs to drive growth objectives.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with the execution of the 2024 strategic roadmap for implementing new product launches, line extensions in pursuit of new product opportunities extending the companies market reach.
- Assist and develop the category/channel plan to grow sales and profitability of ranges delivering objectives in terms of volume, revenue, profitability, product mix and market share.
- Price gap analysis to assess the price positioning of products in the market to ensure Wirquin pricing is pitched at the right level in the market.
- Reviewing sku profitability and implementation of corrective actions to improve profitability of the business
- Undertake market research to benchmark both Wirquin and competitors’ products, pricing and promotional activity. Analyse data and suggest opportunities.
- Monitor trends in competitor companies and react where appropriate.
- Working with sales teams to development appropriate strategies and plans, to drive sales and brand growth including formulating of promotional plans for key product lines to drive sales activity
- Support with customer tenders including product selection, pricing, margin analysis, packaging and implementation
- Monitor sales data to identify sales trends and make recommendations for any necessary actions
- Assisting with relevant processes associated with the product lifecycle i.e., New Product Introduction, Process Change Request, Discontinuation etc.
- Working with the Communications Manager to update/formulate and develop new communications tools including product datasheets, product installation instructions
- Working with the Communications Manager to implement new packaging guidelines for the product portfolio
- Manage integrity of product data on all Wirquin systems including company website, Group PIM platform, ERP system etc.
- Work with Wirquin Group support on product development and marketing initiatives and attend group meetings.
- Liaising with customers and the wider team to coordinate the completion of customer data requests
- Provide support for the team/customer on specific queries with the relevant product/manufacturing personnel
- Undertake any reasonable request of the Company in support of function or objectives
Working in a fast paced, data driven department the job holder must possess the following skills.
- Strong critical thinking
- Marketing experience (preferred)
- Ability to work under pressure and react to different project demands in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to analyse data and make recommendations
- Proficient in structuring for/against arguments for conflicting scenarios
- Ability to coordinate team members to deliver project requirements
- Ability to work flexibly, set targets and follow up to ensure targets are met
- Ability to assess and initiate things independently
- Experience of working cross functionally with sales and operations
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
National Specification Manager
We are currently looking for a National Specification Manager to work with our sales team. This is a highly visible role which demands an individual who will relish the opportunity to genuinely influence the shape and size of the organisation.
The NSM will be responsible for the execution and delivery of sales to achieve the budgeted turnover in this important segment and will proactively manage indirect and direct customers, delivering competitive advantage for the merchant, contractor and client.
The successful candidate will enjoy operating in a challenging environment, together with a customer base where partnerships are not easily developed, and negotiations can be demanding. We are looking to meet with candidates who have a proven track record in creating business conversations: in other words, they will know how to sell and generate innovative ideas that come from a deep understanding of the customer and products.
Some of the duties include:
- Increase specification of Wirquin products to the contract market (including Social Housing, Domestic New Build, NHS Estates, MOD, Home Office and Blue Light Services)
- Work closely with merchant sales and estimating teams to build and convert specification opportunities for Wirquin Ltd both proactively and reactively.
- Develop and maintain in-depth product, competitor and industry knowledge in order to effectively lever customer relationships and secure profitable sales opportunities.
- Develop and maintain clear lines of communication through the supply chain to ensure effective conversion of sales leads and excellent customer service.
- Have and excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and be able to complete all reports within an agreed timescale.
- Assist the category marketing managers with clear and concise market intelligence reports.
Previous experience in a similar role is essential for this position.
A full job description is available on request.
If you are interested in this position, please apply via email including your CV to:
WIRQUIN Ltd operate an Equal Opportunities Policy
If you would like to apply for any of our roles, please complete the recruitment form.